Wednesday, August 17, 2011

O-H-I-O



As we head into college football season at the end of August, my focus is drawn to the Buckeye State's commanding force in the NCAA (despite the recent downfalls they have been experiencing in the news). I am also reminded fondly of my times at THE Ohio State University and the immense spirit that has reached to all ends of campus, Columbus, Ohio, the nation and the WORLD. Attending OSU changed my life a million times over. I am forever grateful for the education, experiences, and friendships that I acquired by attending OSU.

I believe wholeheartedly that I was meant to go to OSU and meant to make the friends I did and have the experiences I had. The greatest thing about the school is how connected all alumni are. No matter where you are on the planet you are bound to run into an alumnus. We show our Buckeye Pride by shouting "O-H" and getting a hearty "I-O" in return. I can not think of many - if any - other schools that have such a passionate group of alumni and students. It's a great club that I am proud to be a part of. I am a proud Buckeye, and thusly a proud Ohioan. In part, this spirit is what inspired me to explore the state and consequently share my love of Ohio by creating OHventures.

The "O-H-I-O" has become iconic. The OSU website has a page that shows off another tradition in which students and alumni spell out "O-H-I-O" wherever they are. O-H-I-O

I have created this post to show off a compilation of times where me and my friends have done the O-H-I-O. We've done it with the Washington Monument in Washington DC, on the Sears Tower in Chicago, and in the Gulf of Mexico in Florida. I can't wait to show off my Buckeye Pride for the rest of my life. How Firm Thy Friendship...




No comments:

Post a Comment