Thursday, June 16, 2011

Marcella's Ristorante


Marcella's Ristorante
615 N High St
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 223-2100

When you can get a meatball as big as your fist that can practically serve as a whole meal on its own, you know you're in good hands.

Marcella's Ristorante offers said meatball (pictured above) either as an appetizer or as a whole meal on top of pasta. It's the most tender and flavorful veal meatball I have ever had. It's what the restaurant is known for. I highly recommend it!

I have also had the calamari appetizer and the chicken parmesean (perfectly seasoned), which are also both right up there with the glowing recommendation I had for the meatball. I can not speak for the rest of the menu, as I have only been a couple of times, but everything that is listed at least LOOKS like it'd be amazing. The bread the comes with the meal, calamari, and olive sampler are also incredible.

To drink, I recommend either the sangria or the basil grapefruit fizz (also pictured above), a refreshing martini that is so good, it could be dangerous!
What is also great about Marcella's is the decor. It is an enormous restaurant with dark, sleek wood, cool spherical hanging lights (lit dark, but not too dark), and an impressively long fully stocked bar.

The coolest feature that Marcella's can boast of is its large window-front that actually folds in and opens completely, transforming the enclosed restaurant into an open patio in a matter of seconds. It's absolutely perfect on a cool summer or spring night.

This is a top notch Italian restaurant, and I would go as far to say it's the best I have had in the Short North (far better than Black Olive, and just a notch above Martini and Rossi...which are both pricier even). It was also recently voted the BEST ITALIAN RESTORAUNT IN COLUMBUS by 614 Magazine, which proves I am not the only one who thinks so.

Mama mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment