It's been a pretty soggy fall this year in Ohio (okay, every year in Ohio), so what's one to do when the rain keeps pouring? This past week alone, my fishing plans had to be rescheduled and my weekend camping ended up being way too wet for comfort. Thankfully, I have compiled a list of ideas for things for adventure seekers in Ohio to seek out when they don't want to settle for boardgames and TV!
3. Yoga: There are many different kinds of yoga with names that don't make much sense to me (hasha, ashtanga, bikram...), but what I do know is that this awesome exercise regimen is often underrated by a large sector of the population. Yoga is both relaxing and challenging at the same time - and healthy as can be! One try and you'll be hooked. (Click the link for a list of Ohio locations)
4. Tour a Brewery: Get yourself a designated driver and head out to one of the countless breweries located in Ohio. Take a tour and learn about the wonderful hoppiness of the specially crafted Buckeye beers. Odds are, there aren't many OHventurers opposed to giving this a try on a rainy day!
6. Ziplining: Believe it or not, this outdoor activity is offered rain or shine (but NOT during a lightning storm of course). If you don't mind a few raindrops splattering on your face as you zip among the treetops, then you should definitely take advantage of this thrilling event. It's only water, after all!
8. Craft a Candle: The Candle Lab is the new it thing It's currently exclusively in and around the Central Ohio area, but I guarantee that this hot activity will take off and expand throughout the state. Here, you literally make your own candles by mixing and matching from over 120 different scents, and creating your label as well. Definitely a great rainy day activity, and, after all, everyone likes things to smell nice!
9. Tour a Distillery: Much like the aforementioned brewery idea, why not kick it up a notch and go for the hard stuff? Vodka, gin, whisky, and other liquors are made right here in Ohio, and taking a drink of these straight from the distillery is sure to warm your body and make your forget about the storm outside!