Monday, April 30, 2012

The Final Stretch!


The Capital City Half Marathon is just 5 days away! I don't even know what to think. I have mixed feelings of nerves, butterflies, and excitement! Overall, I am thrilled and proud to be a part of something so huge and meaningful, and for being one of 13,000 participants running on Saturday, May 5!

The above video shows David Babner,Race Coordinator, whom I had the chance to meet back in January at the Race Kickoff Event. In the video, he takes you on a guide through the 13.1 mile course that looks both daunting yet exciting!

The start of the race will be at the brand new Scioto Mile which is one of my favorite places in the entire city. It's so beautiful next to the Scioto River, and it will be a great backdrop for the beginning of the race!

We run to Olentangy River Rd., north to Lane Avenue, where we will pass the Ohio Stadium, or "Horseshoe" where I have attended countless Buckeyes football games, and also where my commencement ceremony took place when I graduated from OSU.

Then, we will turn onto High Street and run south through OSU Campus (my old stomping grounds), The Short North (my current stomping grounds), Downtown (where I work), and German Village!

The course will then wrap around and finish at the new green space in the city, The Columbus Commons. This is where the HUGE after party will take place with 32 bands, 18 DJs, champagne, and FUN!

I hope to see you there at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment