Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Movember

 

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo's, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.

This year, I am making a pledge to join the MOvember MOvement! After all, being adventurous includes being part of a greater cause. 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and the 8,290 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer this year. It's time to do something to help change these staggering statistics.


I kicked off Movember by starting the month of November clean shaven. For the rest of the month, I will become a walking and talking billboard simply by choosing not to shave my mustache! Along with my other "Mo Bros" and "Mo Sistas" (women who support the cause), I will "groom, trim, and wax my way into the annals of fine moustachery."

My facial hair will hopefull help by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health. For the next 30 days, I will ask that you (my readers) will make a generous and kind donation to aid in my efforts. At the end of the month, I will celebrate by attending a Movember party and shaving off my 'stache!!

Please consider making a donation to help fight prostate and testicular cancer. The organizations in which the money is donated are the LIVESTRONG Foundation and the Prostate Cancer Foundation. Follow my journey and as an added bonus, you will get to see my pathetic attempt at growing a mustache in the month of "Movember"!


DONATE HERE BY VISITING MY MO-SPACE PROFILE!

Also, be sure to visit the local Ohio Movember sites!
Movember Columbus (Molumbus) - Grow a Mo, Save a Bro
Movember Cincinnati - Shaving the World One Mustache at a Time
Movember Cleveland - The Cleveland Lipfors

My November 1st Clean Shaven Photo for Movember!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment