Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Make Every Mile More Meaningful


Last year, I was bit by the running bug and embarked on a quest to run a half marathon. Through the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation Team in 2012, I learned that, while healthy and enjoyable in its own right, running for the sake of running was not as meaningful as running for a cause. 

This year, I will once again be joining the American Cancer Society (ACS) to make every mile more meaningful by joining its Endurance Team for the Capital City Half Marathon. In doing so, I will pledge to raise at least $250 to help fight cancer. Every step I take in training and in the race itself will be in honor of those affected by this horrific disease.

The ACS Endurance Team is a powerful and inspiring movement that saves lives by enabling athletes of all abilities to dedicate their training to a lifesaving effort. 

If you would like to join the team for the Cap City Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon or 5K on May 4, 2013, the ACS Endurance Team will cover your race entry and provide a VIP weekend experience! All you have to do is help the cause by raising funds.

To learn more, visit www.acsendurancecapcity.org or contact Meghan Feran at megan.feran@cancer.org.

Make your participation in the race mean something and consider joining me and the rest of the team! I promise you will not regret it. If you need more convincing, read some of my half marathon entries from last year, which serve as my own personal testimonials to what a great experience it was being part of this organization!!


Pain is Temporary, But a Cure is Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment