Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sugardaddy's Sumptuous Sweeties



Walking through Columbus' Pearl Alley Market one Friday afternoon, I was approached by a young lady with a tray of samples with brownies and what she called "blondies." I typically don't go gaga over desserts, but when given a small morsel of a blondie from Sugardaddy's Sumptuous Sweeties, I just HAD to have more. A "blondie" is a rather new term to me, so it immediately gave Sugardaddy's a unique appeal. Blondies are vanilla versions of brownies and are absolutely delicious.

Sugardaddy's Sumptuous Sweeties is located at the corner of High & Gay in downtown Columbus (111 East Gay Street, Columbus). There are two additional locations at Polaris (1329 Cameron Avenue, Lewis Center) and Easton (11 Easton Town Center, Columbus). The stores ship nationally, and have had recognition on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Food Network.

I stopped back after my free sample to go buy some blondies. Inside they have a pretty vivid decor which I found to be pretty neat, even though it's pink and frilly, it was bold and fresh. I came to find there were even more samples inside, so I was able to find my favorites before I bought them.

The blondies and brownies are shaped like a hockey puck and are $3 a piece. I found this to be pretty reasonable, especially for the quality. I chose the strawberry-peanut butter blondie (which reminds me of a peanut butter & jelly sandwich) and the drunken chunky blondie (chocolate chips & walnuts). I will say that I had a taste of my friend's chai blondie and I was not a fan. However, the ones I bought were fantastic. They are not too sweet and have the perfect texture.

There are a good number of blondies and brownies to choose from, but there is not much else going on in that store. I really thought there would be more than there was. They had bits of brownies & blondies packaged as "spare change" which was clever, and cheesecakes on dis[;ay. They make a PERFECT gift to send to others anywhere in the country!!

I recommend Sugdaddy's even if you don't have a sweet tooth (like me).

No comments:

Post a Comment