I rambled on about this more eloquently in my New Year's post last year.
But, I get it. The new year represents a blank slate and can be envigorating and inspiring to focus on your own goals and your own desires after the hustle and bustle of the holidays has settled down. But in order to be successful, you have to have a game plan to hold you accountable!
Being the super organized freak that I am, I feel that making a list of goals for the year is essential in order to make sure that I am delivering the best content to you here on OHventures!
Below is the OHventures Gameplan for 2014, a preview of what's in store for readers this year!
1. Visit 10 New Wineries: Maize Valley Winery (Stark County), Firehouse Winery (Ashtabula County), Raven's Glenn (Coshocton County), Yellow Butterfly (Tuscawaras County), TBA!
2. Hike at 10 New Parks: TBA!
3. Run in 2 Half Marathons: Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon (April 27), Rock & Roll Cleveland Half Marathon (October 11)
4. Run in 8 Other Races: Arnold Pump & Run, Tough Mudder, Tap 'N Run, Warrior Dash, Akron General Birthday Bash Dash, Akron Marathon Relay, Warren Kiwanis Turkey Trot, TBA!
5. Monthly Goals: Each month I will aim to try a NEW, fun, and exciting adventure to add to the Buckeye Bucket List! Here is a tentative list:
January - Polar Plunge (Mosquito Lake, Cortland, Trumbull County)
February - Sledriding (Quail Hollow State Park, Hartville, Stark County)
March - Make Your Own Beer (The Beer Factory, Copley, Summit County)
April - High Ropes Course (Summit Vision, Westerville, Franklin County)
May - Tough Mudder (Mansfield, Richland County)
June - Tap 'N Run 4 Miler (Cincinnati, Hamilton County)
July - Archery Range (Cleland's, Swanton, Lucas County)
August - Segway Tours (Cleveland, Cuyahoga County)
September - Bungee Jumping (TBA)
October - Haunted Hay Ride (Many To Choose From!)
November - Indoor Water Park (Kalahari, Sandusky, Erie County)
December - Cross Country Skiing (Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Peninsula, Summit County)
6. Non-OHventures Resolutions: Also, for accountability purposes, I have a goal to read 12 new books in 2014 (one per month), finish P90X3, and get a new tattoo!
Hopefully this list can give you ideas for YOUR Buckeye Bucket List and you can make 2014 one of your best years yet!