Tuesday, May 13, 2014

OHventures Abroad in Foxburg, PA!

Photos by OHventures

It may come as a surprise, but I do not confine myself to traveling only within the state of Ohio. In fact, in the past year alone, I have traveled to Phoenix, Arizona, Denver, Colorado, Washington DC, and all over Pennsylvania! While I may take vacations outside Ohio, I have never run a race outside of the Buckeye State - that is, until NOW!

My family and I took a mini road trip out to Foxburg, Pennsylvania, located a little over an hour east of my hometown of Hubbard, for Mother's Day on Sunday, May 11, 2014! My sister-in-law is from the area and arranged the whole trip for us, which included a visit to the Foxburg Wine Cellars for some vino tasting, a hearty family dinner at the Allegheny Grille, and ... drumroll, please ... a morning trail run!

The Foxburg Nature Festival 5K walk/run kicked off on Mother's Day morning. My brother, father, mother, aunt, sister-in-law, and myself all ran in the race. It was a trail run consisting of asphalt, gravel, dirt trails, grassy fields, and lots of hills! My brother and I finished SIDE BY SIDE (not planned) each with a time of 25:25. All of us (except for my mom, oops) placed in our age group and therefore received trophies! My brother and I were each 3rd in our respective age group, my aunt was 2nd, and my father and sister-in-law were each 1st!

I do not typically write about anything outside of Ohio, but my brother and I wanted to be sure to brag about our home state by wearing our Team OHventures t-shirts to the event!! It's our way of bringing the adventurous spirit and message of fitness in Ohio anywhere we go!! Order your OHventures t-shirt today and help spread the word!








No comments:

Post a Comment