5K runs are a dime a dozen these days, so here is a list of "Ten Reasons to Register for the Wellness Walk & Run"!
1. If you are not a runner, there is a special "Walking Division" so you don't have to worry about being surrounded by tons of competitive types (or vice versa).
2. Whether you walk or run, the course is very scenic. It is a multi-terrain course taking place on trails and the roadway!
3. You will get a cool race t-shirt like the charcoal gray one pictured above!
4. The event is a benefit for the Muffins for Mammograms program, which helps provide underinsured and uninsured women with a free breast exam!
5. Because of the benefiting organization, every participant gets a giant blueberry or double chocolate muffin at the finish line!
6. You'll also get to chow down on Subway subs, popcorn from Metropolis popcorn, and water & bananas courtesy of Giant Eagle.
7. Great prizes will be raffled off to all of those who register! There will be free Lifestyles gym memberships and TITLE Boxing Club memberships, among other items up for grabs.
8. There is a total of 80 medals to be awarded to men and women who finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their age group (walkers included)!
9. The finish line will provide tons of fun and interactive elements, including a warm-up and cool-down session, short massages from a licensed massage therapist, a live DJ, photo booth, bike safety demonstration, cornhole, and more.
10. You can get a $10 OFF DISCOUNT to the race if you are one of the first 10 people to email OHventures asking for a discount code!