If you're going to live an OHventurous lifestyle, traveling, hiking, biking, and sightseeing around the Buckeye State, you've got to let that Ohio pride be known! You can do this by Ohio-fying your wardrobe, your house, and your office! Last year, I showed you 8 ways to Ohio-fy Your Life, with fun things to buy that were Ohio shaped or Ohio themed. But I was just getting started!
Here are 10 more ways to Ohio-fy Your Life - all things that I have personally have in my house, in my closet, or at my desk at work.
Stay tuned for more ways to Ohio-fy Your Life! Have items to add to our Ohio collection> Send me an email to let us know!
1. Campus Road Map Art: Pictured at the beginning of this post, this artwork showing off a rendering of my alma mater's campus road maps is one of my absolute favorites. My great friend (and OSU buddy) Steve bought it for me as a perfect birthday gift (he knows me well). He bought this gem from School Street Posters, which offers not only the Ohio State University (Columbus) map shown above, but also other Ohio schools, including Ohio University (Athens), Bowling Green State University, Wright State University (Dayton), and Miami University (Oxford). Get yours now so you can reminisce about the streets you used to walk while going to class in the morning and while stumbling home from the bars at night!
2. Ohio Garden Stone: Let everyone who comes to your house (including the mailman) know right away that you're a proud Ohioan with this garden stone shaped like the state of Ohio (and with the Ohio flag shown in the middle). This large stone came to me as a present from my parents, but you can get one for yourself thanks to LaBrake's Garden Path & Pond online store.
My Columbus street map coaster from Vintie Design
5. Road Map Neckties: And, yet another way Ohio road maps are being displayed in new and unique formats! This time, printed on a necktie! As a guy who wears a suit and tie every day to work (and whose office is based in Akron), I had to get this Akron street map necktie from Ape Made. These are handmade by the owner, April, who has an online shop, as well as a brick & mortar in Cleveland. She also makes wall art, t-shirts, aprons, dog clothes, and more products that are mostly Cleveland-centric! Check her out!
6. My Ohio Adventure T-Shirt: My Ohio Adventure is a blog dedicated to highlighting adventures throughout the state of Ohio (sound like another blog you know? Ahem, OHventures, anyone?). Whoever is behind this blog has got to be a kindred spirit of mine. They just came out with these clever t-shirts that simply say "ADVENTURE" across the front, but the "V" is replaced with a miniature state of Ohio. Genius.
8. Script Brohio Tank: A college buddy of mine, Ryan, has created a website called Bromerica, which sells t-shirts and tank tops with hilarious phrases that will be sure to make you look like a douche (but in an endearing way, of course). One perfect example is the "Script Brohio" bro-tank I am shown wearing above. Other funny Ohio-themed shirts from Bromerica include: Brolumbus and The Cleveland Bros (in the style of the Cleveland Browns).
9. Little Chicago Clothing Company: Based in Canton, which is known to some in the Roaring 20s as "Little Chicago," the Little Chicago Clothing Company has a SLEW of great shirts and clothing for sale that are emblazoned with Ohio pride! It was so tough for me to pick just one shirt. Some featured cities on their designs include Canton, Cleveland, Akron, Athens/OU, Columbus/OSU, North Canton, Portage Lakes, and more. There's also designs that show all of the counties in Ohio, and some silhouettes of Ohio with cool patterns.