Photo by OHventures
Located in Logan in Hocking County, the most visited state park in Ohio is Hocking Hills State Park (pictured above)! On January 19, the park held its annual "Winter Hike" event in which over 4,300 people came to trek through the snow and see all of the iconic landmarks, including Old Man's Cave, Conkle's Hollow, and Cedar Falls. With the new realignment of State Route 664, the park is new and improved and deserves a visit this winter!!
Winter Hiking is indeed just as rewarding as hiking during warmer weather months. Check out the OHventures guest post on DiscoveringOhio.com to get tips on what to bring and how to prepare for a winter hike, as well as a list of some of the best winter hiking spots in the state:
- Clear Creek Metro Park, Rockbridge, OH
- Caesar Creek State Park, Waynesville, OH
- Alum Creek State Park, Delaware, OH
- Quail Hollow State Park, Hartville, OH
- Prairie Oaks Metro Park, West Jefferson, OH