Thirty is fast approaching for me. In just over 2 months, I will be ushered into a whole new level of adulthood with no turning back!
Getting older is a privilege and I am really looking forward to turning the big 3-0. Most people put together a 30 Before 30 list when they are in their mid-20s. But, I threw one together with only several weeks to go!
Of course, as the curator of OHventures, I have a constant hope that I can spark ideas in my readers and inspire people to create bucket lists that transform life into one big adventure.
Thus, I have decided to share my personal "30 Before 30" list here on the site. Many of the items are things that you'll end up seeing on this site (tubing, running, hiking, biking, traveling, etc.), but some others are pretty random - so bear with me!
30 BEFORE 30
1. Sign Up for Half Marathon & Begin Training – IN PROCESS - I have signed up to run the Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon in Canton for the 2nd year in a row. I am shooting for a PR, but that might be pushing it! The goal is to do a full marathon by the time I am 31.
2. Travel to Vegas for One Last Hurrah! – IN PROCESS - I will be traveling to Sin City with my college friends in March. Flight and hotel are booked. It is only fitting for everyone to visit this crazy city one last time before he or she turns 30.
3. Complete Body Beast Workout – IN PROCESS - My goal is to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 30. That is quite the statement, but I truly believe that it's possible. Body Beast is a great program that will help sculpt me and take things to the next level!
4. Reach Savings Goals – IN PROCESS - The older I get, the more I look back and wish that I grasped the concept of saving earlier in my life. But, I am sure most people can say the same for themselves. I am on track to reach my savings goal for my 30th birthday, and then start another savings goal moving forward!
5. Have Race Shirts Made Into a Quilt – IN PROCESS - Any runner knows that participating in dozens of races each year results in overflowing dresser drawers filled with commemorative t-shirts! My good pal Rick has taken 20 of my shirts and is turning them into a really awesome t-shirt quilt.
6. Buy a New Bike - NOT DONE - Sold my janky bike when I moved, so I am in dire need of a new one (and NOT a Huffy).
7. Visit a New Ohio City - NOT DONE - I have this harebrained idea to throw a dart at a map of Ohio and visit whatever city the dart lands on. We shall see how this goes...
8. Acquire Passport - NOT DONE - This one is pretty self explanatory. I am hoping that at some point in the next decade of my life, I will broaden my travels to international levels. Thus, I want a passport so that I can actually make that happen!
9. Revamp the Buckeye Bucket List - IN PROCESS - This one is for YOU, the reader of this fine blog. I have really been slacking with updating the Buckeye Bucket List. You will thank me later.
10. Take a Cooking Class @ Gervasi - NOT DONE - As a huge fan of cooking, and a huge fan of the Gervasi winery, this is definitely something I need to do. Time to stop cooking mac & cheese, and start cooking some gourmet meals in my 30s.
11. Tubing @ Brandywine - IN PROCESS - Every time I have gone to Brandywine, I have only ever skiied. Now it's time to try something new - tubing! Scheduled for February 19.
12. Polar Bear Jump @ Portage Lakes - IN PROCESS - As much as I don't want to do this, it's for a good cause and for a good story to tell if nothing else. Scheduled for February 21.
13. “Tackle the Tower” Stair Climb in Cleveland – IN PROCESS - Scheduled for February 7.
14. Complete Obstacle Course @ Mohican Adventures - NOT DONE - Obstacle courses are my jam. Hoping to schedule this excursion for April 5.