Thursday, July 28, 2016

Ride A Camel At Columbus Zoo

Photos by OHventures

Well, mark that one off of the bucket list! I rode me a camel!

When my friends from Chicago and Colorado were coming in to Ohio for the weekend, we decided to go to the Columbus Zoo. And, from the moment we went, all I had my sights on was riding a camel!

That's right! For just $7, you can take a short ride on the back of a camel at the Columbus Zoo. My friend Faye and I hopped on a camel named Ghost after standing in a short line, and we took a ride around the African Safari with one of the zoo workers guiding the way.

It was a tame ride, with only a few bumps in the road (no pun intended). The only thing lacking was the vast Sahara desert. I think I prefer being in the comfort of Ohio instead of in the middle of the Sahara, though!

If you go to the Columbus Zoo, be sure to ride a camel. And, while you're at it, take some time to take part in some of the other interactive elements found at the zoo: feed the giraffes, walk alongside the kangaroos, pet the stingrays, and let lorikeets land on you while you feed them nectar!


No comments:

Post a Comment