It's summer! It's time to bust out the beach body! If you find it daunting to keep up with the upkeep of perfectly chiseled body, you may need to introduce a few unique workouts into your routine. The key to sticking with a fitness regimen is to make it fun! So here are 5 fun ways to stay fit in Ohio.
1. Boxing: If you want to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, like Muhammed Ali, you will find that boxing is not just for the bulky, scrappy badass guys you see in the movies. Check out a listing of all of the boxing gyms located in Ohio by visiting BoxingGyms.com. I found some boxing facilities located nearby in Columbus. With the encouragement of one of my coworkers,
Julie, I decided to take a boxing class after work at the Thompson Recreation
Center near downtown C-Bus. I learned to jab, uppercut, and hook in under an hour!
2. Trampoline Parks: Indoor trampoline parks typically consist of a massive arena with a giant trampoline
court, oftentimes with trampolines even on the walls! Exercising on a trampoline is extremely effective. In fact, one can burn 1,000
calories in one hour! Your legs are the primary muscle group being utilized,
however your core also benefits from trampoline workouts, and you improve your
balance and get a heck of a cardiovascular workout! The great thing is, you are
having so much fun laughing while you are doing it that you don't even feel like
you're working out.
3. Pure Barre: Pure Barre is a massively popular gym taking over the nation with new locations popping up every week! Each class incorporates ballet bars, weights, bands,
and small medicine balls in a series of isometric movements, which, thanks to my
trusty dictionary, are muscular actions in which tension is developed without
contraction of the muscle. The
motions are set to fun, upbeat music, and instructors help guide you by giving demonstrations and
thorough instructions on how to perform the moves correctly.
4. Bexa Body Fitness: Everyone has that local gym that they absolutely love. For me, it's Bexa Body Fitness in Westerville. It's not your typical cookie
cutter, shoebox gym like Urban Active or Planet Fitness, which are found on
seemingly every corner you look. Unlike those dime-a-dozen gyms, Bexa Body
Fitness exudes energy, excitement, and entrepreneurship on a level that makes
you feel like you're right at home working out and exercising with longtime
friends. They offer unique workouts such as piloxing (pilates combined with boxing), power yoga, and boot camps!
5. Rock Climbing: Rock climbing is my FAVORITE of all fitness activities! If you think you're up for the challenge that is indoor rock climbing, there are
a number of places in Ohio you can go to do it. Most of the time, indoor rock climbing facilities
will provide the proper shoes as well as the harness (and sometimes a
helmet...but that is usually not needed or utilized). All you need to bring in
most cases is yourself, your wallet, and your energy! Instructors will be on hand to help belay you on the rock walls and teach you all you need to know to scale the wall like Spiderman!