Monday, August 31, 2015

Warren Fit 5K Recap

Photos by OHventures

On August 29, 2015, dozens of runners gathered in Trumbull County for the Warren Fit 5K, the follow-up and re-named event to last year's World Fit 5K. The race was hosted by the North-Mar Church in Warren and was a benefit for the Bella Women's Center. 

As is the trend of  many of my recent runs over the years (Foxburg Nature Festival 5K, Boardman Memorial Mile, and various Turkey Trots to name a few), this has become a family affair. My mom, dad, aunt, and nieces all walked and ran in the event, with my nephew being pushed in a stroller. My brother and his wife not only ran the event but were also the organizers of the entire race. To top it off, my grandma and grandpa were volunteers at the water stop. Many of us placed in our age groups as well (I was 3rd in the 30-39 year males with a time of 23:02)! 


I am a firm believer that a family that runs together, stays together

It has brought me and my brother closer together, giving us a hobby that we share in common. It is ensuring that our family will remain healthy and active, so we can have many years together. And, it reinforces philanthropy and charity. I highly recommend that every family gets active and starts participating in 5Ks! It's one of the best decisions we have ever made together!

4 comments:

  1. Great post ! Thanks for your fabulous post! I enjoy while reading your post, you happen to be a great author. When I am free than reading your blog. I want to encourage yourself to continue to share fabulous posts, have a nice day!To know more information you can visit here Abortion pill side effects

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this nice blog with us. This is more helpful for find the abortion pill medicine for stop pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete