Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Best Rest Stop in Ohio



Goasis
715 U.S. 250
Ashland, OH 44805

I know what you are thinking. Am I seriously about to write about a gas station? A rest stop? Really?!

Well Goasis is more than just a gas station or a rest stop: it's a life changing experience! Maybe I wouldn't go that far, but it is a pretty fantastic place to take a pitstop on any number of road trips you might be taking where you have to drive through Ashland on I-71! That means Cincinnati to Cleveland, Dayton to Akron, Canton to Mansfield...the list goes on! Every Ohio traveler should know about Goasis.

Anytime I am making my all-too familiar drive from Columbus to Youngstown to see my family, I will make sure to carve out a stop to Goasis in my trip! If I have to use the restroom, I will do all I can to hold out until I get to Exit 186 on I-71 so that I can use the ultra clean and pristine bathrooms that Goasis offers (seriously, the tidiest bathrooms you'll encounter at any rest stop around).

If my stomach is grumbling, I will suck it up and wait until Goasis, which has an array of restaurants perfect for anyone's taste (when you're on the go): Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Popeye's, as well as Goasis' own collection of ready-to-eat sandwiches, fruit, salads, and freshly prepared meals. There's also great jellies, jams, and fudge from around Ohio. And, let's not forget the jackpot of junk food and sodas on hand!

This glorified rest stop also has one of the only Starbucks restaurants in the vicinity, which is pretty hard to pass up (especially if I am craving a Pike Place or Iced Venti Green Tea). You can find fantastic Ohio-themed gifts here, such as shot glasses and OSU paraphernalia, and non-Ohio gifts such as DVDs and sunglasses. And, it should go without saying that you can fuel up your car when making your stop at the wonder that is Goasis.

It doesn't hurt that Goasis is located in Ashland, which has dubbed itself the "World Headquarters of Nice People" and is home to the famed Grandpa's Cheesebarn! Any time you are on a long (or short) road trip and need some food, gas, potty break, or last minute gift for your Aunt Sally, stop in what I name "The Best Rest Stop in Ohio"!

No comments:

Post a Comment