Sunday, August 7, 2016

Condado Tacos

Photos by OHventures

1227 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43201
(614) 928-3909

-and-

132 S. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 456-7444

Tacos bring the people together. Plain and simple. If you don't like tacos, I can't trust you and you can't be my friend. And if you don't like Condado Tacos in Short North and Downtown Columbus, then that is taco blasphemy! 

These tacos are works of art. You build them from the shell-up, with loads of delicious and fresh ingredients you won't find at any other Mexican joint. You start with the tortilla, which can be corn or flour, soft or crunchy. BUT you can also get a double tortilla, with cheese, beans, or guacamole slathered in between the shells (my favorite is the "Ju-Ju" shell if you were wondering). Then, you choose from a great selection of proteins: chorizo, shrimp ceviche, brisket, ghost pepper marinated steak, roasted portabellos, and BBQ pulled jackfruit, to name a few. Then, you continue the process choosing toppings, cheese, salsa, and sauces! The possibilities are seemingly endless.

And, if for nothing else, be sure to go to Condado Tacos to get your table an order of the queso dip (pictured above). Believe me when I say, this is the best queso around! Muy bien!


And what's a good Mexican restaurant without some tasty margs? On my recent visit, I was going to just get the traditional house margarita like always, but the waiter insisted I try something different. So, he suggested the blackberry marg (pictured above), which did not disappoint.


Another thing I like about Condado Tacos is the decor. They have a "Day of the Dead" (or Dia de los Muertos) theme going on, with Catrina-style skulls, skeletons, sombreros, designs, and artwork on the walls and tables. I am particularly fond of the "Holy Guacamole" painting, as shown above.


I have gone to Condado Tacos on each of the past 3 visits I made to Columbus. It's just that good. You can reserve the "party table" for groups of 12 or more - which is what we did when having a "friends reunion" back in June. And, yes, we had many, many bowls of queso to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment