Photo by OHventures
Some of the events and programs include:
- May 15-16: Gravity Racing Challenge STEM Team Competition, presented by Time Warner Cable - Designed to provide K-12 educators and students with meaningful, project- and standards-based, intercurricular learning opportunities in classroom setting.
- June 8–19: Soap Box Derby Summer Camps: High schoolers in STEM schools have the chance to design, construct, race, and showcase their own creations!
- June 24: Grandparents Day, presented by The City of Akron
- July 19-25: 78th FirstEnergy All-American Soap Box Derby World Championship
- September 3: Senior Day, presented by Akron General and The City of Akron - Seniors enjoy lunch, health information booths, health screenings and a trip down Derby Downs in an adult Soap Box Derby car.